Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Victoria A Shirley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 39
Dr. Shirley performed my hysterectomy and of course I needed a follow up two weeks later. My appt was at 8:50. I watched other women come in AFTER me with later appts and every one of them was seen before I was. I was finally put into a room and I was left there for over an hour. Finally I had enough and left the room only to find EVERYBODY including Dr. Shirley standing around talking and laughing and nobody left in the waiting area. I ended up leaving from what should've been a 10 minute appt at 11:00!! Absolutely ridiculous to have an 8:50 appt turn into an 10:55!!! Didn't waste my time going back for my final follow up from surgery. I'll NEVER go back again.
If you enjoy waiting a minimum of 45 minutes for you appointment Dr. Shirley is your doctor. My first visit I arrived 10 minutes early and waited 1 1/2 hours. I was not explained the delay and was still told it would be another 30 minutes. I was rudely addressed by the staff when I expressed my discontent and explained I needed to reschedule because I had twin infants at home that needed to be breastfed. When I went in for my rescheduled appointment it was another 45 minutes before seeing the doctor. When phoning the office to inquire about another matter I was once again rudely spoken to by Joy the referral manager. I will not be returning to this practice. Per their answering message, I hope they "have a blessed day"
I went in for a routine pap, but tried to talk with them about how bad I had been feeling. I am a bubbly, people person and I have felt post-partum (best way I can describe it.) While her staff listened, she laughed it off, made some jokes with stories and said I needed to work on diet and exercise. I actually started crying so her staff asked her if they could give me something. Gave me the thing I did not want and never thought to offer a test of my hormones or anything! I'm 33, I juice, and I take 10 different vitamins a day. I'm not an idiot and if I say I'm upset, THEN HOLY CRAP, I AM!
Wow! All these differect reviews! Dr. Shirley was AWESOME! I saw Dr. Shirley when I was trying to conceive my second child. I had been seeing another doctor prior that was just bad! From the first time I met Dr. Shirley I was put at ease. I told her I wanted to have another child and no one gave us hope. She came, sat down beside me, put her arm around me and said, "I will do everything in my power to help you," We were both crying. She listened, didn't rush me, gave me excellent information. I became pregnant a couple months later. She followed me through every step of the way. They ALWAYS MEASURED MY BELLY! I was induced and from the time I got to the hospital to the very end she never left! I was in labor for 6 hours, she informed me of everything she was doing, my husband helped deliver our son and he cut the cord. My first child's labor was a nightmare(done in Macon by another doctor), took 19 hours of labor, my childs heartrate bottomed out still they wouldn't do a c-section. SO, if I had to choose again, I would ALWAYS CHOOSE DR SHIRLEY!
21 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Victoria A Shirley accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKings Daughters Medical Group, 630 Broadway St, Madison, IN
Dr. Victoria A Shirley is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Madison, IN.