Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vidhya Subramanian
Dr. Vidhya Subramanian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX, with another office in Katy, TX. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Subramanian is affiliated with Memorial Hermann, Methodist Sugar Land Hospital and St Luke S. She speaks English.
Dr. Vidhya Subramanian has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Super efficient billing department
Dr. Subramanian is an excellent doctor. Her wait time is next to nothing and she doesn't rush at all when you get to see her which compared to other doctors is pretty quick. On my first visit she felt a lump on my thryroid and immediately sent me to get an ultrasound which led to biopsy and now regular monitoring. She also does complete blood work profiles as I expected and monitors pre-diabetic condition as well as bone density testing, etc. She has a quite manner about her and is very thorough in my opinion. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Dr. Subramanian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
St Luke S
Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
St Lukes The Woodlands
Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital
Conroe Regional Medical Center
Mhhs The Woodlands Hospital
St Luke's Community Medical Ct Woodlands
20 Years Experience
Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Vidhya Subramanian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vidhya Subramanian in this video.
Dr. Vidhya Subramanian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.