More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vidya Gupta
Dr. Vidya Gupta, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Hackensack, NJ, with another office in Summit, NJ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neurology. Dr. Gupta is affiliated with Metropolitan Hospital Center, Morristown Memorial Hospital and Pascack Valley Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Vidya Gupta has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Vidya Gupta has the following 1 expertise
- Developmental Disorders
Dr. Vidya Gupta has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vidya Gupta is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Gupta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metropolitan Hospital Center
Morristown Memorial Hospital
Pascack Valley Hospital
Hackensack University Medical Center
AHS Hospital Corp Mmh
AHS Hospital Corp Ovh
Ahs Hosp Corp Ovl-Overlook Hospital
Overlook Hospital And Morristown Memorial Hospital
Goryeb Children`s Hospital
AHS Morristown Mem Hosp
Ahs Hosp Corp Mmh Morristown Memorial Hospital
40 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vidya Gupta in this video.
Dr. Vidya Gupta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.