Dr. Vijay Kumar Is this you?

1.6

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Vijay Kumar?

I had a good experience

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

The front receptionist was very friendly as was Dr. Kumar's nursing staff. I did not have to wait long to be called back and was seen shortly thereafter by the doctor. He was very polite and soft spoken but very knowledgable

Uncaring and arrogant

Posted on March 6th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kumar because of joint and back pain, I had a high RA factor when my primary doctor tested my blood. It took over 3 months to get my first appointment which I am told is normal for a first appointment with a Rheumatologist. He told me how I felt and did not listen when I tried to tell him how I actually felt and what hurt and what didn't. He told me I didn't have RA, which was a relief. But he also did not try to find out what was causing my pain. Instead he just started prescribing pills. I went back several times and told him that I had started to become extremely fatigued. He said I was depressed and gave me an antidepressant. This did not help, I went back and he told me I am either depressed or I have fibermyalgia and gave me more pills that didn't work. Each time I went I was prescribed pills and he would not listen to what I was trying to tell him, he would spend about 3 minutes with me each visit. He never ran any kind of test, or listen to the symptoms I was telling him about. Instead he knew how I was feeling but I didn't. I finally just stopped going. I will never go back to him. It was probably the worst experience of my life. I went back to my primary doctor and he sent me to another specialist and I finally got better. No thanks to Dr. Kumar.

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Kumar after another specialist ran several test and found that I had RA. Since I am under the care of several doctors I ask a lot of questions and want to ensure they are all on one accord as far a treatment plan, testing, and medication being dispensed. Dr. Kumar simply told me that the other doctors did not know what they were talking about and to disregard what they said all together. He also re-did all the same test/x-rays that the other doctor did from the week before (could money be the reason) because he did not trust their testing. The medications he prescribed me the first visit had sever side effects including swelling which if he would have paid closer attention to my medical history & current rx's he would've known the rx would cause problems & he disregarded my concern about taking the rs & would not even talk to me about it when I called with the symptoms the secretary just told me to stop taking it until I came in 2 wks which left me with no treatment and wasted money on a rx. When I attempted to talk to him aout the rx's used/to be used, other non-rx treatment, and again ensuring that he is aware of the treatment/medical history Dr. Kumar was extremely rude and told me he was a specialist, had been practicing for many yrs, knew what he was doing, and did not need me questioning him. When I explained that I meant no harm but was only trying to be an active participant and understand my treatment plan. He was mean and said that maybe I should just find another doctor. I thought treament 101 was the doctor and patient should have an understanding about the plan and the patient should feel comfortable with it. After all it is my money that is paying for the services/rx's and it's my body that has to endure the pain, rx's, and side effects. Ethically and morally I do not understand how Dr. Kumar can stand to look at himself in the mirror knowing that he took an oath all those yrs ago to do all he could to help improve/sustain human life and he treats his patients with such disregard. Shame on you, "Doctor" Kumar.

Unreliable and unethical

Posted on April 10th, 2012

After 5 years of treating me, One day he refused to accept my insurance, changed offices, refused to continue my medicztions until i could get another doctor, wouldnn't even talk to me on the phone. I would not recommend that anyone use this doctor as i consider him to be totally unreliable and untrustworthy.

Posted on July 23rd, 2015