Dr. Vijay Sabnis Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Vijay Sabnis?

Not an allergist or immunologist

Posted on September 27th, 2013

Child's Allergy Testing

Posted on June 21st, 2013

We recently had an appointment for our 3 year old son with Dr. Sabnis at Allergy Associates in LaCrosse, WI. We have been to 2 other allergists and were coming here on a recommendation. When I called to make the appointment they were extremely helpful on the phone. We drove 4 hours for the appointment but were so disappointed. Although I had spent 30 minutes filling out questionnaires online, Dr. Sabnis did not ask any questions about our son's diet or environmental issues. When we tried to ask questions he cut us off and either said he would get to that or that we could find pamphlets in the lobby. I tried to mention several foods that I know give my son reactions and Dr. Sabnis would not listen and went ahead and tested the top 8 allergens which we knew would come back positive anyway. He actually put his hand up several times when we asked questions to stop us. After about 10 minutes he actually stood up to let us know our time was over even though we hadn't yet had a chance to ask anything. Online they state that they have created an innovative means of testing allergies but it appeared that to be the same tests my son has done at his other 2 allergists. I felt that they wanted to get us in and out as fast as possible and just give us the drops and be on our way. Overall it was a horrible experience and I felt terrible that we had our 3 year old drive 8 hours round trip to be treated this way.

Something is wrong with him!

Posted on September 29th, 2012

Saw Dr. Sabnis at Allergy Associates. He is incredibly ANAL at writing things, but never actually gets much written down on the paper! I tried asking him questions, but he was so slow at answering them, it makes you not want to even ASK any more. He is the oddest doctor I have EVER seen in my entire life, and not necessarily a particularly good one at that! I was sent drops to my home without my permission, and charged for them. I never received a call regarding my test results, and I was given a CRAZY diet to follow, but it is so restrictive I would need a nutritionist to help me follow it. I felt like I was in a factory when they did the testing and that EVERYONE there is treated the same, but simply pushed through, given drops, and kicked out. My head was spinning when I left and I wasn't even sure what I had been given, what was in it, nor how they were going to be helping me in the future. Compared to any other MEDICAL establishment the are all very unprofessional - especially the office "ladies/staff"! The office staff sat and fought with me about how insurance would pay for things, even though I was told what was paid for on the phone. They also had me sign a sheet stating that "I understood everything and had sufficient time to ask questions" BEFORE I even had my appointment! What questions, I wasn't even seen yet? I am VERY cautious with this place and while SLIT therapy may work for some, research is not rock solid on it for people like me with multiple allergies. Ask them about that and you will just be given some silly answer like "well I have been doing this for 30 years and I know it works." I am a current patient there, but debating the whole thing!

Posted on September 4th, 2014