Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vijay Shah
Dr. Vijay Shah, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Ronkonkoma, NY, with other offices in North Babylon, NY and Patchogue, NY (and 4 other locations). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shah is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital At Syosset, Nassau University Medical Center and North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview. He speaks English.
Dr. Vijay Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Nassau University Medical Center
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
New Island Hospital
Brunswick Hospital Center
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital
Wyckoff Heights Hospital
Syosset Hospital - Nslij
Beth Israel Medical Center-Kings Highway Division
Nassau County Medical Center
26 Years Experience
B.J. Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Vijay Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vijay Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ronkonkoma, NY.