Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Puram has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Puram has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Interventional Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 1 of 1
This doctor claims she can diagnosis heart conditions without heart tests of any kind being performed and without consulting with a Cardiologist. This doctor has refused to use the safer treatment options for MPN patients, this doctor continues to use the OVER 45 HCT for PV patients which has been proven to put patients at a 4-5 percent higher risk of death. This doctor is also know for walking around the hospital bare footed as well. After researching the educational facility she has listed, I was unable to find much information at all and what I did find for that educational facility I could not find anything dealing with Cancer. This docotr has even claimed she diagnosis me with heart failure even AFTER she was given paper work from a actual cardiologist stateing I have NO heart problems at all.
43 Years Experience
Guntur Medical College
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVijayalakshmi Puram Md, 172 S Mayo Trl, Pikeville, KY
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Puram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pikeville, KY.