Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Y Raju has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Y Raju has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Male Circumcision
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Y Raju has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
We have been seeing Dr Raju for an year now for our daughter. No complaints, doctors diagnosis and prescription are right on. One of the nurse practitioner prescribed a higher dosage and she cut that down because those levels were too high. Caring mentality but lacks follow ups after visit. She has lot of patients so I'm sure no one seeing her based on reviews, but actual experience. I have another baby on the way and I'm pretty sure Dr Raju will seeing him/her.
Dr. Raju saw my son several times over a period of a week. With the condition getting worse even faster after her giving him a persciption, we decided to see another doctor in the same office. The new Doc told us she identified the condition correctly but was way off on treatment. He confirmied that her treatment would worsen his condition. After several visits, she should have stopped or changed treatment but she did not. So a simple condition was made made much worse and extended the recovery time.
Dr. Raju is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Guntur Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Y Raju accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Center, 1300 Main St, Richmond, TX
Dr. Vijayalakshmi Y Raju is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, TX.