Dr. Viji V Thomas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Viji V Thomas?

Great pain management team!

Dr Thomas has been so professional and kind. I have been a patient for over 5 years, referred by my neurologist. Dr. Thomas and team has kept me mobile and relatively comfortable so I can lead a normal productive life. I would recommend Dr.Thomas to anyone who wants a great pain management physician. I can't say enough good things about this team .

Great doctor

I have been seeing this doctor since 2004. I have been getting shots and never burns from him. I would not go to ant other pain Doctors.

Simply the BEST Pain Management Dr. you will EVER find!!!

I almost never write comments like this, but the incredible care I received for several years now is so unbelievable, I need to tell someone. Dr. Thomas is extremely technically knowledgeable and yet consistently friendly and personable, an unusual combination in my experience. He has realistically given me my life back. Without his care my degenerative arthritis would have put me in a wheelchair long ago. But, instead I get to function almost normally, like a real person again. I also appreciate that Dr. Thomas is meticulous about the use of the medications he prescribes, random urine testing and monthly evaluations confirming continuing need and proper use for prescribed meds. The professional and office staffs are also impressive, always friendly and obviously compassionate. The wait time is also a big plus for me, predictably short. I have confidently recommended Dr. Thomas to friends and family members and enthusiastically do so without hesitation to anyone reading this review. You won't find a better medical experience. I've gone into doctor offices for over 60 years now, and using that amount of personal experience, I think I know!

Great Helper

This Dr has been great.Was in a car accident I had 3 back surgeries no help. I said what do I have to lose.Went there got help right away. I have been going to Dr Thomas for 6 years. He has gave me my life back. I can do things now that I never thought I would do anymore. I thank him and his staff. You get in and out fast. Thank you DR V. Thomas.

Awesome doctor!!!

I find the office staff always pleasant and comfortable setting. Never much of a wait to get in...just normal as any office is. I've been a patience for a few years and I refer all of my friends/ family here and are always very happy with Dr. Thomas. As I am if it wasn't for Dr. Thomas I would not be able to work my job!! Recommend this office if you are nervous/ apprehensive for they have a way of making you feel right at home! Thanks Dr. Thomas and Staff for a wonderful job!!

Response to the Review by Kevin A.

This is in response to the review by Kevin A. He mentioned that he felt like a drug addict because I reviewed the MAPS (Michigan Automated Prescription Service), which is on online service where all the narcotics filled by patients are listed with the name of prescribing doctor. This review is done on every patient to evaluate history of patient's narcotic use and helps doctors to weed out the patients who may be abusing narcotics. Also this person mentioned that he saw some one coming in with video equipment for deposition. I give depositions on patients involved in Motor Vehicle Accidents and Work Injuries. The lawyers take the treating doctor's deposition which is used in the court to settle or try the case for the patient. Obviously, this person has no idea about deposition and even if he does, did not know the truth or cared to find out the truth but instead assumed that some one sued me. This absolutely speaks about this person who reviewed me on vitals. I felt compelled to write this response so that the truth is revealed.

Watch Out

I was treated like a drug addict from the moment he sat down in the room with me. He pulled out a print off of my prescriptions from the drug database that is now used by pharmacies and doctors. He bragged that he had all my information acting like he had the goods on me. While I was in the waiting room a videographer CARRYING HIS EQUIPMENT walked in and told the receptionist that he was there for the deposition. Thomas was obviously being sued by someone. I do not recommend him never was I so insulted.

Don't waste your time of you want REAL help!

This doctor has let his EGO go to his head! The first 2 visits, all was great. Once he did the first set of injections, I've had plenty other injections over the past 8 years, I was BED RIDDEN and in excruciating PAIN. I called the office and was told to come in. When I stated to explain the immense pain I was in, and how since his injections I could hardly move or function, he PROMPTLY KICKED ME OUT OF HIS PRACTICE. Told me I was a liar and there was, "NO WAY the procedure made me worse and I can no longer help you." Are you kidding me? This guy thinks he is GOD and has the magic touch to heal ANYONE and ANYTHING. If you challenge him or tell him his procedures don't help, be ready to find a new doctor! He will turn his back on you in the blink of an eye!! Oh and I tried to tell him I HATED being on all the meds and wanted him to get me off of all of them and find one that works, although I know I need some form of relief, I hate the way pain meds make me feel! He pushed more meds on me that were even stronger than the ones I had been taking. BOTTOM LINE...THIS GUY IS A JOKE!!

Doctor's Response

I have been practicing full time pain management for over 11 years. I am trained as an interventional pain management specialist. What that means is I do injections such as epidural, facet injections, Sacroiliac Joint injections under Fluoroscopy with sedation by an Anesthesiologist in most cases. I also do Knee and Shoulder injections. At a time when narcotic medication overuse/abuse/death is an epidemic, I have always tried to taper narcotics if possible. I am surprised this individual mentioned that I pushed more medications. It must be some one else. If injections did not help that is fine but I am not going to commit to prescribe heavy dose narcotics in those cases. There are other physicians who prescribe way higher dose than me who are not even Pain Specialists.

Dr.Thomas is the most professional doctor I have ever experienced...

patient

Extremely professional, very caring and completely informative, highly recommend Dr. Thomas.......facilities were remarkably clean staff was amazingly courteous.

I have seen Dr Thomas as well as my Daughter,I have even recommended him to others,great Doctor

Finally found someone who didn't dismiss me!

My usual doctors who do my procedure are retired and out of my network. I searched for a long time for pain relief by means of a procedure that has always worked in the past. I was hitting roadblocks with other doctors who only wanted to medicate. Dr. Thomas went above and beyond to take my case seriously. I have my life back!