Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vikas V Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Vikas V Patel has the following 14 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Back Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Transplantation
- Age-Related Problems
- Back Pain
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bacterial Infections
- Spinal Fractures
Dr. Vikas V Patel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vikas V Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
There are absolutely no words to describe the incompetence and unprofessionalism of Dr. Vikas Patel and his staff. He lacks proper judgement, listening skills, and compassion. His lack of attention and the lack of follow through by his nurse coordinator, Emily Senn, leads to critical information being lost, test results not being read, and appropriate care not provided. There are no systems in place to prevent catastrophic outcomes for his patients. I have never seen anything like it. Beware.
After firing my first Orthopedic Spine Surgeon (for being an arrogant, pompous a$$), it was refreshing to spend time with Dr. Patel. I'd called around seeking recommendations from random other Orthopedic Spine Surgeons in Denver, when I asked for someone highly skilled but also pleasant, with listening skills, and his name came up a few times. They were right. Great guy, great skills, and several years down the line, I'm still almost entirely pain-free after the L5-S1 diskectomy he performed for me (he let me opt to avoid fusion). Highly recommend him.
Dr. Patel has taken care of me for about three years. He has performed two surgeries on me and has done an excellent job. He has just the best bed side manners, concern, beyond what I ever expected. I recommend Dr. Patel very highly and Sue Zee Estes is a wonderful person with great knowledge that works for Dr. Patel. Thank you Dr. Patel and Suezee and all his staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Vikas V Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUchealth Lone Tree Health Center, 9548 Park Meadows Dr, Lone Tree, CO
Dr. Vikas V Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lone Tree, CO.