- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vikram Barpujari MD, MBBS
Dr. Vikram Barpujari, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, IL, with other offices in Pana, IL and Urbana, IL (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barpujari is affiliated with St Marys Hospital and Riddle Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Vikram Barpujari has 4 locations
Dr. Vikram Barpujari has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vikram Barpujari has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Barpujari is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Marys Hospital
37 Years Experience
Chingleput Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr. Vikram Barpujari Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Vikram Barpujari's office for more information.
1750 E Lake Shore Dr Decatur, IL : (217) 464-1220
101 E 9th St Pana, IL : (217) 562-6240
602 W University Ave Urbana, IL : (217) 383-3610
238 S Congress St Rushville, IL : (217) 322-4321
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vikram Barpujari is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, IL.