Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Vikram A Talwar
Dr. Vikram A Talwar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danville, CA, with other offices in Fremont, CA and San Ramon, CA . His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Talwar is affiliated with San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Talwar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Vikram A Talwar has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Vikram A Talwar has the following 27 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Back Pain
- Spinal Arthritis (Spondylarthritis)
- Back Injuries
- Bone Fracture
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery
- Spinal Fractures
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Spinal Osteophytosis (Spondylosis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Curved Back (Lordosis)
- Knee Surgery
- Lower Back Pain
- Sports Medicine
Showing 5 of 35
I went to see Dr. Vikram Talwar back in 2009 for a lower back issue. At the time I could barely stand up straight after sitting. I couldn't walk for any length of time and had great difficulty getting dressed. Before seeing Dr. T, I had been going to a chiropractor (Dr. Marshall Lee) in San Ramon who was a great chiropractor, unfortunately I would be in just as much pain as soon as I walked out the door. He told me I had to see a specialist and that he could no longer help me. I was referred to Dr. Talwar by Dr. Aaron Salyapongse, both are Specialist with the Webster Group. I loved Dr. Talwar, he was young, very confident, funny, sincere and honest. When we did the exam (he asked a million questions) he had noticed something wasn't right with my reflexes and said he was concerned with what might be going on in my neck. He said "I understand that you're in excruciating pain, but I really need to know what's going on in the neck area". I agreed and he had Gissele (His right arm) write up a form for an MRI. The neck MRI was just as devastating as the lower back. I cried, I was a mess. I had a 7 year old son at home that I wasn't going to be able to play with, hike, run, bike, etc. I was going to end up in a wheelchair. I asked Dr. V what I should do. He said "If you were my sister or Mother, I would suggest doing the fusion in the neck." He showed me where he would make the incision, which was a crease on my neck that as I aged would eventually wrinkle. Thank you Thank you! My husband and I agreed and the surgery was set. I was scared to death. The thought of someone (ANYONE) messing with my neck was downright frightening. Dr. V put me at ease as did the nurses in the O.R. They had nothing but good things to say about him and his success rate. When I awoke in recovery, I felt like a NEW person. I had no pains anywhere. It was fabulous. My follow up visits were just as great. The surgery was a huge success. Yes, I waited in the waiting area with everyone else but, Dr. Talwar wasn't and isn't the only Dr. in the house. Bring a book, video, etc. to occupy your time. You will have a wait (he's worth the wait), no you are not nor will you be their only patient. Have patience! Seeing a lot of patients for these doctors should be a POSITIVE SIGN that they are GREAT at what they do. When the time comes for my back surgery I will go back to Dr. Talwar. He is the best. Thank you Dr. Talwar for giving me my life back. It's 2016 and going strong.
We chose Dr. Vikram for a second opinion regarding my daughter's three herniated discs. He instantly put us at ease and connected with my daughter perfectly. I was present as a support figure, and he appropriately addressed my daughter first, but also put me at ease, fully answering my "worried mother" questions. The first surgeon, Dr. Booth, recommended surgery on all three discs, although only one was causing pain by pressing on the central nerve. Dr. Vikram recommended surgery for just the problem disc to relieve the excruciating and debilitating pain, and to deal with the other two if and when they became a problem. Knowing that my daughter had been bed-ridden in pain for two weeks, Dr. Vikram was able to schedule her for surgery within two days. The surgery went extremely well, and recovery was rapid and full. She has had two follow-up appts - one with the doctor, and one with his Physician's Assistant. If future surgery/ies are needed, we will see Dr. Vikram immediately. He is an approachable, kind human first, and a superb surgeon to boot. It doesn't get better than that.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Talwar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Temple University School Of Medicine
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Vikram A Talwar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vikram A Talwar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Danville, CA.