Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vikul Patel
Dr. Vikul Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN, with other offices in Nashville, TN and Chattanooga, TN (and 1 other location). His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Siskin Hospital For Physical Rehabilitation, Kindred Hospital - Chattanooga and Trousdale Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Vikul Patel has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Disease
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Siskin Hospital For Physical Rehabilitation
Kindred Hospital - Chattanooga
Trousdale Medical Center
Erlanger Medical Center
Sumner Regional Medical Center
Healthsouth Chattanooga Rehabilitation Hospital
Memorial North Park
Parkridge Medical Center
University Medical Center
Hendersonville Medical Center
Skyline Medical Center
SkyRidge Medical Center
River Park Hospital
Riverview Regional Medical Center
Dr. Vikul Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vikul Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.