Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vincent S Avila MD
Dr. Vincent S Avila, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mineola, NY, with another office in Valley Stream, NY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Avila is affiliated with Franklin Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Vincent S Avila has 2 locations
300 Old Country Rd Ste 111
Mineola, NY 11501
75 Rockaway Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
Book Online Now
Dr. Vincent S Avila has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Vincent S Avila has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 1 of 1
Great People Skills
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vincent S Avila - Posted on September 24th, 2018
I have know and have been a patient of Dr. Avila for OVER 20 YEARS! He has been my Nephrologist for all those years.....I did try another doctor however I most disappointed in the services I received. So I came running back to Dr. Avial never to stay again!!! He is a good Doctor because he has a great bedside manner. He listens to his patients. He takes his time with you. You really believe that he cares about you as a individual. He makes all of his paitents feel like that. He is very knowledgeable in his speciality! He doesn't lord over you, like he is some kind of god, like the rest of colleagues!!! He works with you, not on you. A great Doctor Paitent relationship.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Avila is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
- Suny Downstate Med Ctr
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Vincent S Avila Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vincent S Avila, MD - Nephrology in Mineola, NY, in this video.
Dr. Vincent S Avila is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mineola, NY.