Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr has the following 16 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Bergquist did surgery on finger where I had sustained a gunshot wound. His demeanor was very unprofessional from the beginning. He started by telling me that I probably wouldn't be able to bend my finger any longer even after surgery. When I asked about joint replacements or artificial bone he said that they didn't make anything like that for the small bones in the hand. Totally untrue, maybe he hasn't heard of the internet. Then during my follow up visit I asked if he could change the pain meds that he gave me because they kept me from sleeping. He refused, saying that it wouldn't do any good because they are all pretty much the same. Maybe he was out the day they explained the difference. So I asked if maybe he could at least then give me something to help me sleep, again he refused because according to him that was a fall risk and could do more damage. I have never in my life. I told him I needed a brace or splint to keep my finger from closing at night because I have involuntary twitches so he put a hardening piece of gauze bandage across the top of my hand. That was surely going to keep my fingers from twitching downward. So I had the nurse take it off thinking I would just get one at the drug store. He then came out to where I was checking out to chastise me because he said I needed a brace and then huffed and agreed to put another on. Needless to say he will not touch my hand again. Quack
46 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic And Sports Medicine Specialists, 1938 Al Highway 157 Ste 101, Cullman, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr in this video.
Dr. Vincent F Bergquist Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cullman, AL.