Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vincent Chan
Dr. Vincent Chan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Garland, TX. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chan is affiliated with Medical City Dallas Hospital, Parkland Health & Hospital System and Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano. He speaks English.
Dr. Vincent Chan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutritional Support
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
As with all things that we should do, don't really want to, but do because we need to; we are glad we did when finished. Dr. Chan made an apprehensive first time visit for a necessary procedure turn out to be a pleasant experience that should not have been, that I would now repeat as needed per his recommendation, due to the professional and caring support of his staff, and his expertise and skills dealing with patients in his area of practice. Thank you Dr. Chan and the staff there at the Baylor Ambulatory Endoscopy Center in Plan, TX!
He is earnest, honest and down-to-earth. He asks a lot of questions, and more importantly, LISTENS to your answers and what you have to say! He didn't rush through the appointment and was determined to find the cause of my symptoms. His staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. My visit was as good as it could possibly be, considering I had to be there at all. :-)
Dr. Chan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano
THE HEART HOSPITAL Baylor Plano
Baylor Medical Center At Garland
UCSF Mount Zion
10 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Vincent Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDallas Diagnostic Assoc-Garland, 601 Clara Barton Blvd, Garland, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vincent Chan in this video.
Dr. Vincent Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Garland, TX.