Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vincent J Decosmo has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been a patient of this doctor for 16 years. He always takes his time which does include a lot of questions so he can better understand what the problem or health issue is. He has always been understanding, honest, and compassionate even though I have a tough medical history and an rare illness. I would recommend him to anyone for a family doctor. He also has treated my now young adult children since they were toddlers.
I have been an auto mechanic all my life. I'm 54 and have had back pain since i was 25. I went to this guy for help, told him that I didn't have insurance. He promptly told me "you can't afford the tests I would need to tell me what is wrong with your back". Then he just kept insisting that I take Tylonal for the pain, even after I told him repeatedly I did not wish to start taking ANY pain meds. He kept asking irrelevent questions like "why haven't you seen a doctor before this" and "since your not working, what do you do all day"? He is a great example as to why I don't go to doctors. Even though he said I couldn't afford his tests, he still wanted to sent me for blood work to insure that I don't have Lupus, whatever Lupus is and for xrays even though he said "I don't think I'll find anything". I paid this quack his fee and walked out without the tests. Oh and by the way, after six months I'm still in pain and all the Tylonal did was make my stomach sick on top of the back pain. This guy blew me off from the minute I said that I didn't have insurance.
37 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Vincent J Decosmo accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vincent J Decosmo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ligonier, PA.