3.8

Have you seen Dr. Vincent C Phan?

Terrible Experience!

My advice...Run! This Doctor operated on my knee (he's a hand Doctor) 4 times because of a staph infection. My reason for him being my Doctor? He was on call in the ER the night I went in. He insisted the infection was gone in spite of the fact that I called repeatedly requesting another appointment because I was sure it was still there. It was still swollen and hot to touch. I was told there was no need for another appointment and there was nothing else he needed to do. I finally went to another doctor who opened my knee up (Dr. Phan only did microscopic surgery). When my new Doctor opened up my knee he found a mass as large as his fist. Not only that but the staph infection had turned into MRSA. I had to be on IV antibiotics for 6 weeks with Dr. Phan and then another 6 weeks when they discovered the MRSA. If you have ever paid for IV antibiotics you know they are extremely expensive and not covered too well by insurance. But considering the fact that MRSA is fatal if left untreated, what choice do you have? I blame Dr. Phan for having to have yet another surgery within a 4 month span and the fact I ended up with MRSA. Also, because of the lengthy recovery on my right knee and putting so much extra weight on my left side, I had to have a 6th surgery for a hip replacement. All of this could have been avoided if Dr Phan had not just performed microscopic surgery or even if he had listened to his patient instead of making me feel like everything was in my head. He knew he was right and that was that!

Does not get any better than Dr PHAN and his team.

Dr. Phan is one of the best

Wait times are crazy, not a big deal though. I can't speak for anyone else, but Dr. Phan thus far has definently cared about me as a patient. He explains things very well, even draws pictures while he explains what is wrong and what he is going to do. I have never not seen him in any of my post op (3 different surgeries this year) visits to his office, even if I was just getting stitches removed. He always answers all my questions thoroughly. You have to make sure you ask him your questions before he leaves the room. Methodist stacks their docs with a boat load of patients so yea, he is always on the move. However he has always spent as much time with me as was necessary. He and his team are very competent. I would recommend this guy to anyone with upper extremity issues.

AWESOME U DID MY SURGERY

I was referred to him by a another doctor. I found out from a doctor outside the Methodist Clinic, that there was an important part of the surgery he wanted to do without full disclosure of the impending actions taken during the procedure I was told I needed.

Good Surgeon but Rushed

Seemed like he's in a hurry, 2 out of 3x he saw me. Dr. Phan didn't really discuss procedure in depth and I didn't have a chance to ask questions. Even the nurse acted as if we knew what's going on already .

Teacher

After two awful orthopedic experiences and improper diagnosis, I was referred to Dr. Phan. Dr Phan and his staff have been extremely courteous and helpful. He answered all of my questions concerning my hand and wrist. He was very thorough in explaining x-rays, MRI, and the next course of action.

Custodial Son of Patient

patient

He was horrible. He did not spend any time answering our questions and seemed to be in a hurry. He was not open to helping to explain my mother's pain more thoroughly and said we had to make multiple appointments in order to discuss different body parts. We came for a consultation and came out thinking this doctor is crooked, whose interest is in making money and not the patient itself.

Nickel & Dime

Was doing fine until I discovered that he mislead the hospital and my insurance company with the wrong procedure/billing codes because it would make him more money. He seemed compentent from a medical standpoint but this behavior demonstrates that he is a contributing factor to the healthcare reform issues we are all experiencing. As well, Methodist Hospital (Sugarland, TX) that he is affiliated with wanted to charge $8,300+ for the use of a room to perform a 30-60 minute outpatient procedure. Excuse me but delivering a child is only $6,500. Snipping a small lump from someone's skin require far less use of hosipital facilities than labor & delivery...demonstrating another way they (the doctor and his affiliates)are 'fleecing the system'.

Dr. Vincent C Phan is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.