Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue beneath the skin of the palm of your hand
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vinitha Shenava
Dr. Vinitha Shenava, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Orleans, LA, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Shenava is affiliated with Texas Children's Hospital. Dr. Shenava has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Vinitha Shenava has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Vinitha Shenava has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 4 of 8
Good doctor and great surgeon. Our kid really liked her a lot, so did we.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vinitha Shenava - Posted on August 13th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vinitha Shenava - Posted on July 14th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vinitha Shenava - Posted on June 28th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vinitha Shenava - Posted on May 31st, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shenava is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Children's Hospital
13 Years Experience
University of Kansas
Graduated in 2000
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vinitha Shenava is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Orleans, LA.