Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vinod K Malik has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Muscle Spasticity
- Acute Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Back Pain
- Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Injuries
Showing 5 of 67
After repeatedly complaining to several doctors in this pain management group that I was getting no relief from the morphine pain pump that was installed in 2016, I saw Dr. Malik to evaluate and see if there was a catheter or pump problem itself. After failing to be able to withdraw any fluid at the pump area, he said," So, your pump is not working." "I know."..."When did you first notice it was not working?" . "Since it was put in...I have been telling everyone this for a year, and no one believes me...they kept upping the morphine into it, and decreasing my pills, so I have been in more pain than before this thing!" He then turned and walked out, said nothing further, no empathy or explanations, or what to do about it...leaving me on the table with the pump rep. Dr. never came back in. Heard him say in the hallway, "Bill Florida Health Care for a pump adjustment so I can get paid for something." On to the next room. Poor Rep got stuck with the situation and said the Dr. would operate and wanted me to sign forms right then. NOT ON MY LIFE.
He needs to go back to school and learn ALL aspects of being a doctor. That man made me went to rock bottom, because of withdrawal now I know what an addict goes thru with withdrawal. Upon till now I am not back to myself, but with the help of the Lord I am taking it one day at a time. For bedside manner I wish there was a zero.
I've been dealing with pain for many years (20) I have MRI's to prove. Lost my pain mgmt. Doctor after 8 yrs.His PA was great she completely understood and was going to continue my scripts along with injections, until he entered the room and seen whom my previous Dr was. Malik stripped me of all my medications that I've been on for years. (He thinks he's God) I'm all for the injections, but he is the only one that EVER did it without using LIDOCAINE first to numb the area, being a nurse I know protocol. He yelled at me while I was lying on the table, It was very painful and I cried out, He stopped the procedure and walked out. I honestly think he did it on purpose for he didn't like my previous Doctor. I WILL NEVER ADVISE ANYONE TO GO TO HIM!!!!!! . I wouldn't send my worse enemy to this so called Dr.
Dr. Malik is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Medical College
Dr. Vinod K Malik accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrc Associates Llc, 1165 Dunlawton Ave Ste 101, Port Orange, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vinod K Malik in this video.
Dr. Vinod K Malik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.