Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka MD
Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, MI. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka has the following 12 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka - Posted on September 16th, 2015
I have been under psychiatrists care half my life. Mental health issues run in my family so, needless to say I have seen my share of different psychiatrists. Dr. Galecka is by far the best. She goes above and beyond to make sure you're functioning the best you can. She treats me as a whole person not just a mental health patient and communicates with my primary physician extremely well. Highly recommend her.
Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
Locations & DirectionsLIFEWAYS COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH, 1200 N West Ave, Jackson, MI
Dr. Violetta A Kaminska-Galecka is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Jackson, MI.