Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virendar K Verma has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 8
As an MD, I have to say that the comment left by the RN is totally inappropriate. As a subspecialist myself, an referral from a PCP is a MUST. She obviously does NOT understand that.Dr. Verma is EXCELLENT. Office staff is the kindest I have ever met. Very knowledgeable and to the point. I highly recommend Dr. Verma.
Office staff is rude. Getting an appointment without another Doctor referral is impossible. This is a red flag for me that this Physician may have some issues if he has to have another Physician do his background work on a patient before he accepts them. As a RN, I find this very alarming. I have words with Physicians like this in Pain Management and they were on the phone calling someone else to a what to do when a heart rate was low, blood pressure high, etc. I am NOT saying THIS PHYSICIAN is like that BUT by not being able to take his own patients, it DOES put up a red flag and I am willing to go to Little Rock.
Dr. Verma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Virendar K Verma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHealthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 1201 Fleming Ave, Jonesboro, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Virendar K Verma in this video.
Dr. Virendar K Verma is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Jonesboro, AR.