Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott
Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Blackwood, NJ, with another office in Voorhees, NJ. She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Irwin-Scott is affiliated with Kennedy Health System Cherry Hill Campus. Dr. Irwin-Scott has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott has the following 21 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Failure
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Disease
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Interstitial Nephritis
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Renal Osteodystrophy
- Urinary Retention
- Kidney Biopsy
Showing 5 of 12
I have been treated by numerous Nephrologists along the East coast with great reputations, but you will not recieve the quality of care that Dr. Obregon offers. Her bedside manner, quality of care, and professinalism far exceeds expectation. She really care for her customer and treats each patient on a personal basis, something that I hadn't experienced before. I strongly recommend seeing Dr. Obregon.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Irwin-Scott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1993
Kennedy Health System
Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Virginia A Irwin-Scott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Blackwood, NJ.