Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Virginia L Barrett has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Virginia L Barrett has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Virginia L Barrett has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 7
I went to Dr.Barrett hoping she could help with pain that I was experiencing on my right abdoman. She did some good things and I do give her credit for that. She sent me to have a mammogram a cyst was discovered and found benin so I am thankful for that. My inital problem still persists I am in constant pain and discomfort, she had a blood test done and she said I had a fatty liver and needed to lose weight. Still in pain after a year, went back in with more pain in my right abdoman, she came in and said I see you have problems with your hip??!!. She is very old school does not use the computer in the room so how can she remember what happened on last visit. Could not take her uncaring attitude. I have recently switched Dr's my current Dr in one visit had a suspicion of what my pain was and had me take a ultrasound of my abdominal cavity and they found my liver was inflamed due to polyps in my gallbladder. I am making arrangements to have GB removed. My current Dr. is explaining everything to me and I can see she is reading my tests, and recording current visit in computer so she will remember next time I am in her office. Dr.Barrett is very nice, wishwashy and not up to date with current medical office practices glad she is no longer my doctor or I would go another year with pain.
It was easy to make my first appointment (well woman exam). It was about a month away, but I was not in a hurry. After a couple weeks of my first appointment I had to call in to ask a question and the receptionist sent Dr. Barrett a message and I got an answer the same day. I love the fact that there is an urgent care onsite for same day care.Staff was super friendly and got a tour of the facility and the coordinator spent a lot of time w/me going over everything. I waited less than 5 minutes in the lobby to see the doctor. So far it has been a great experience and I was referred by a friend who highly recommends her.
Dr. B is a really good doctor but very overworked and as a result has little time to spend with patients. It is very difficult to make an appointment. That's the reason I'm here today looking for a new Doctor after 10 years with Dr. Barrett. The soonest appointment I can get (I have been running a fever of almost 101 for almost a week) is 2 weeks from now. Completely unacceptable and in my opinion, it shows how little Health Care Partners cares about the health of their patients. This is normal, not an isoloated situation.
Dr. Barrett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Virginia L Barrett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthcare Partners Glendora Office, 2025 E Route 66, Glendora, CA
Dr. Virginia L Barrett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendora, CA.