Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mamie V Barrow
Dr. Mamie V Barrow, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lincoln, CA. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Barrow is affiliated with Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center (aka Roseville Women & Children's Center). Dr. Barrow has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mamie V Barrow has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Mamie V Barrow has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Mamie V Barrow has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mamie V Barrow is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 4 of 4
My child has been visiting Dr. Barrow for many years now, however, lately my daughter has been sick and the doctor refuses to take into account her symptoms. My daughter, a teenager, visited Dr. Barrow the other day and came out crying. She was complaining about how the doctor was ignoring her major symptoms involving her left side pain. She then continued to tell me how the doctor said that she should be keeping a diary to explain her depressed feelings. What does a diary have to do with a sharp, stabbing pain in her upper abdomen. She was then sent home with no advice on whether she should be taking a simple painkiller like Advil. I am most definitely not satisfied with this visit and thankfully my daughter will be getting a new doctor soon!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Barrow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Clinic, 1900 Dresden Dr, Lincoln, CA
Dr. Mamie V Barrow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, CA.