Dr. Virginia E Bayliss Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Virginia E Bayliss?

I got overcharged and she refused to correct it. Lousy attitude.

This "doctor" doesn't have any business seeing patients. She didn't seem to care if I was getting any better or not. Just one drug after another.

Being bipolar, I have seen a number of psychiatrists over the years. This one was by far the worst. She acted like she didn't really care whether I got any better or not. Very cold. Insensitive. When I raised a legitimate question about her billing rather than address my complaint threatened to send it to a collection agency. All I can say is that I had a terrible experience. Be very cautious before you waste your time and money.

Goes behind your back and makes simple assumptions

If you are looking for a person that makes drastic decisions based off of assumptions, she is your lady. Good luck.

Charged me $800 for 2 hours. Worst doctor of any kind I've ever seen. Beware.

Misdiagnosed me. Overcharged me. Vindictive and insensitive

In rescheduling appointments I find we play telephone tag. There is some flexibility but not much. I'm not sure how much time she alots pts, but sometimes I am in/out. I don't like it when she just writes prescriptions for 3 mos with no refills.

Insensitive

I agree with the other posters, she is more worried about handing out meds and charging you than about caring for patients. She acted like she didn't want to hear anything that was bothering my last appt. I had a horrible day at work one day was so upset asked for a dr note for the next day, she acted like she was angry with me for bothering her, and chaged me $25 just to fax me a handwritten note, which cost her nothing. Nothing worse than having a bad day and then your pschye makes it worse!

Never again!

Unfortunately,my experience with Dr. Bayliss was not a positive one. I often felt discouraged after an appointment with her.(I kept thinking it was me and wanted to give her a chance!)It wasn't until I read a review from someone else who articulated all of what I was feeling about my interaction with Dr. Bayliss. I understand her role as one who prescribes medication; however, I think it can be done with empathy and patience. I often left appointments feeling confused/frustrated by responses to my questions. I was very much aware when my 10-15 minutes was up (i.e., will that be check, credit card, etc.)

I know I am one of the lucky ones, Dr. Bayliss stepped up when few would accept my medicare, even though I am suppose to see her for med. checks only, she gives me extra time ....to discuss my condition,I have yet to wait after 6 years , she loves what she does and it shows ... rare in these times... She continues to treat patients counseling who have been with her for over 20 years : she is no longer doing counseling , as she is phasing her practice to monitors Rx ... give her a try get to know her before making a real assessment....

Not Caring - No Bedside Manner

I was running 10 minutes late, called to let her know, and she cancelled my appointment because we wouldn't have enough time. Of course, I was charged. I was having difficulty dealing with the family problems following a grown child recovering from a traumatic brain injury and possible jealousy from family from my spending too much time attending to grown child. Her statement to me was, "Your husband comes first." Obviously, she had never dealt with a child who was not expected to live for at least 2 weeks and then maybe never be able to work or live independently. They say you can't learn everything from a "book" when it comes to medicine, and she not only proved that, but a very uncaring attitude besides! Heck, I felt better before I went to her than I did after... and she is a psychiatrist!

Greedy and unscrupulous

I showed up 15 minutes early, as requested, to fill out forms. I thought, given this was a preliminary appointment, the forms would ask about my current health. Nope. I must have had five different insurance and credit card forms. I had enough time to fill them out though. She was 20 minutes late to an appointment that cost over $200. Given that she is in my insurance network, I had a decent copay. But that was enough for Dr. Bayliss. When my insurance wouldn't pick up her full bill, she sent me a bill that was nearly triple what I already paid. My insurance had to make a friendly phone call to remind her that she is not allowed to do that. As for her behavior as a doctor, I felt she functioned more as a drug dispensary. I would not send a loved one to see her and I seriously question her ethics.