Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virginia A Blanks has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Virginia A Blanks has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Virginia A Blanks has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Virginia A Blanks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 12
I went to Dr.Blanks just to see if someone in a different area could give me some hope because I had gone in circles for over 2 years in Roanoke and seen more than 8 doctors. All I did was go from one doctor to be sent to the next and so on. My primary doctor NEVER spent more than 5 minutes with me and sent me to several "specialist" who put me through tests&waited on results&tons of money& so on. I was so...frustrated. The first time I seen Dr. Blanks she spoke with me for over 2 hours and realllly listened. I have been more than happy with the care she gives and never knew a primary doctor could do anywhere near what she has done for me.. I am so....greatful for her and have told her she is like my little angel. Most definitely an answer to several prays. Thanks so much if you read this Dr. Blanks. Its so sad all Doctors are not as compassionate!!! MANY THANKS!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Virginia A Blanks accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentra Medical Group, 4830 Rucker Rd, Moneta, VA
Dr. Virginia A Blanks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Moneta, VA.