Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virginia A Eddy has the following 1 specialty
- Compartment Syndromes
- Wounds and Injuries
- Abdominal Injuries
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Eddy saved my life. I had several surgeries that were the result of a small bowel obstruction and then I had respiratory failure and other complications. She is extremely knowledgeable and a great teacher to the residents. She works hard, putting her patients first. I am forever in her debt. My husband refers to her as "the General".
Dr.Eddy, 10 plus surgeries, I should have been dead and was in a coma and septic when she took over my case.. Wow is all I can say, she really did alot to fix me including reversal of other doctor's mess.. If she's an surgical option for you or a loved one, rest assured she treats you like a family member....
This doctor goes above and beyond to provide compassionate care. Of course, she teaches residents and students, but there is no question that she is in charge at all times. For people who object to having residents involved, I would ask you how you think young doctors are supposed to be taught? They have to accompany the senior physicians and surgeons, and help them in their daily duties. In return, you get a young, inquisitive mind in addition to the senior more seasoned mind giving thought to your case. But nobody, including Dr. Eddy, just turns over a case to a resident, not only is it not right, it's not permitted.
Dr. Eddy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Geisinger Health System
Dr. Virginia A Eddy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAcute Care Surgery, 887 Congress St Ste 210, Portland, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Virginia A Eddy in this video.
Dr. Virginia A Eddy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, ME.