- Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa Medical Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Virginia E Hofmann MD
Dr. Virginia E Hofmann, MD is a doctor primarily located in Santa Rosa, CA, with other offices in Santa Rosa, CA and Santa Rosa, CA. Their specialties include Psychiatry.
Dr. Virginia E Hofmann has 3 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Dr. Virginia E Hofmann has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Virginia E Hofmann has the following 11 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Virginia E Hofmann Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Virginia E Hofmann
As your physician, I value my relationship with you. And I know that maintaining a good relationship means being able to communicate with each other. My colleagues and I have developed My Doctor Online so that we can stay in touch more easily. Because the better connected we are, the healthier you are. Background I was born and raised in West Texas, and have been fortunate to have lived in a variety of places, including Central America, Minnesota, Connecticut, and California. My first career was as a Registered Nurse, and decided to go to Medical School because of my love of science and desire to pursue a deeper knowledge of the science of caring for patients. I have an interest in Internal Medicine, but it is in Psychiatry that I found my home as a doctor. It is a privilege to get to know my patients and work with them in a collaborative way to improve their quality of life. More details about my specialty: I went to medical school in West Texas, did my residency training and fellowship at the May Clinic in Minnesota, and remained on staff there, caring for patients and teaching medical students and residents. From there, I was the faculty of the University of Connecticut Medical School, doing patient care and teaching. After my foray into academic medicine, I chose to settle in Northern California, with its natural beauty and opportunities for activities in both rural and city settings. Having worked in a number of different places, I feel privileged to join a department with an innovative and dynamic mental health program in a medical center that offers integrated resources to care for our members.