Dr. Virginia M Nisbet Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Virginia M Nisbet?

Horrible Doctor

I went to Dr Nisbet for my annual physical and to see about getting a procedure done to help slow my period. She told me I was a candidate and scheduled me for the procedure. When I woke up, she told me the procedure did not work and that sometimes it didn't. I ended up in the ER a few days later with fever, chills and pain. She was adamant it was not from the failed procedure. A few months later I stopped having periods so I thought the procedure might have worked , but it didn't. I was doubled over in pain so I went back to her and she told me my cervix had scarred closed from the procedure and so she needed to open it. So she tried to do it right there in her office. It was very painful. I immediately found another doctor who told me that what she tried to do in her office should have only been attempted in an OR type setting. I ended having to have a hysterectomy because a shunt would have been to risky to try to keep my cervix and uterus open for fear of infection. Would not recommend her to anyone!!

Terrible if you have any questions during your pregnancy

I would never go to Dr. Nisbet again. I wish I would have changed doctors in the beginning of my pregnancy. She doesn't answer questions and almost missed the birth of my child. I had two wait more than a week longer to be induced because she was on vacation. She was not personable to anyone during the birthing experience. She made what should be a joyous experience terrible!

C-section :(

I was referred to Dr. Nisbet because I heard great things. She was nice but does seem to be in and out quickly when I do see her. She was supposed to deliver my first baby vaginally, but I had a longer labor because I was probably dehydrated, but when I did start to dialate, I felt as if she rushed me into getting a cesarian and if she would have waited a little longer, I would have been dialated enough to have the baby vaginally. Something is telling me that she either didn't want to wait around or there was some other reason that she wanted to do the cesarian - not related to the health of my baby or me. I am not certain if this true or not, and maybe I am being sensitive about the issue, but I wonder if I am not the only one that feels this way.

It is very difficult for Dr. Nisbet to get her messages. She and her office staff need to work out a procedure and be sure it is followed.

I like her, but I can't take the poor customer service anymore

I like Dr. Nisbet. She's calm and not *overly* friendly, which I happen to like, and I don't know where all the comments about rudeness are coming from. She's both quick and gentle for an exam, but her staff is *terrible* at follow-up, and GOOD LUCK getting anyone on the phone. I am switching docs after growing more and more dissatisfied with the service at her clinic, which I think is beginning to resemble a baby factory. Sad, because I'm satisfied with the doctor herself, and I appreciate that I can get an emergency appointment with her PA if I need it.

Choose another doctor

She is rude and has poor bedside manner. After reading the other comments, it is clear to me that I am not the only one who feels this way.

I have had very positive experiences with Dr. Nisbet. She is a very caring doctor and the office staff is very nice. The office is beautiful, especially the reef tank in the waiting room!

I was shocked to read the other review as I have been a patient for over 10 years and have always been treated with the utmost care and concern. Dr Nisbet is a very caring and warm doctor and I recommend her to all my friends. I would guess it safe to say you can't please all the people all the time but I trust her completly!!!

This doctor is impersonal all of the time and flat out rude some of the time. The waits are way too long for such a poor quality interaction. I'd be willing to wait a long time for a doctor that was willing to spend time talking to me and asking questions, but she is very in and out. Oh! And don't try to disagree with any of her treatments or she will turn it into a power struggle. She is the doctor after all, how dare you have any say in what happens to your body!! There are much better obgyns out there. Seek else where.