Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Virginia A Robine
Dr. Virginia A Robine, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Independence, MO. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Robine is affiliated with St Marys Medical Center Of Blue Springs. Dr. Robine has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Virginia A Robine has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Virginia A Robine has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 58
I've been using this doctor for my "primary care" for 4 years. My last appointment with her was much like all previous ones, with the exception of her rant. When I tried to ask her about swelling in my hands and feet, she told me to pick one - she could only address one issue per visit. I picked my hands as the pain and swelling was interferring with my work. She proceeded to say that I was simply "soft" and that at my age (56) I needed to toughen up and not worry about every little ache and pain. She said if I'd get off my behind and work out every day like she does, I'd feel better about myself and not be inclined to complain so much. I am not a complainer - in fact was only in her office once a year for 4 years to get a mamo ordered...she did finally agree to send me to a carpal tunnel specialist after I insisted but she told me it was a waste of my time. Long story short, I did go to the carpal tunnel specialist, who discovered that while I did have CPS and needed surgery, I also have Rhuematoid Arthritis. I will not return to Ms. Robine. After this situation, I thought back over the visits I've had with Ms. Robine and realized that not once, in 4 years had that dr touched me. Never listened to my heart, never looked in my eyes/throat/nose. Never did I sit on the exam table - only in the chair next to her counter where she would lecture me, send me for annual blood tests and mammos. Never had a follow up call on any lab work. And I know she won't care. If you want someone who cares about their patients, find a different person.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Robine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Virginia A Robine accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobine Medical Associates Of Kansas City, 4200 Little Blue Pkwy Ste 300, Independence, MO
Dr. Virginia A Robine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Independence, MO.