Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virginia N Rodgers has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Virginia N Rodgers has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Virginia N Rodgers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Very poor attitude. Dr & Staff are rude and do not make you feel comfortable being there. They make you feel like your a problem and taking up to much of there time. My son got his 2 month shots and the nurse incorrectly administered the shot and he had a knot on his leg for 6 weeks after the shot. When taking him back for a follow up they just told me it would go away nothing to be concerned about.
Dr. Rodgers is our 5 year old and 2 year old sons pediatrician. Every experience has gone very well. The boys love her, and she always listens to our worries. Our oldest son had his tonsils taken out, and she was ver good in preparing us and referring us to great doctors. Our youngest son had some stomach problems and she took us very seriously. When the time came that it needed to be escalated she immediately did so, and again referred us to a great doctors. When he was in the hospital, she came to see us every day and called me every day to see how he was doing. He was diagnosed with celiac disease soon after. Her bedside manner is very positive and she fits our personality as parents and the doctor we need, very well. I HIGHLY recommend her.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Virginia N Rodgers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Virginia N Rodgers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ringgold, GA.