Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virginia A Simmons has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
My wife and I spent 1.5 years trying to get pregnant. Between the 2 of us, we have 5 degrees and speak 3 languages. A lot of the time, we were met with doctors who seemed to keep their patients at arms length. Dr. Simmons was a breath of fresh air. She engaged us on a human level, as if we were peers. She made the information easy to understand, was funny, friendly, and open. I get it. Doctors think that they need to keep people at a distance or the patients won't respect their authority. Dr. Simmons knows that the fastest way into a patient's heart is to CHILL OUT. She should be giving training classes on doctor-patient communication. This is, of course, all my opinion and I am not a doctor. However, my wife and I do give our 10-star rating, 100% endorsement of Dr. Simmons and her bedside manner. Word of advice to other docs: Learn something from Dr. Simmons. Source: 2 year veteran of the fertility community in the Boston area. 4 attempts. FINALLY pregnant.
My sister referred me to Dr. Simmons about 4 years ago as a GYN. Dr. Simmons has always been very professional, knowledgable, and a good listener. I have seen her at times between my annual exams for problems that have come up. I find her easy to talk to, and unlike other doctors I have seen in the past, I have never been embarrassed to ask her questions--any and all questions! She takes her time and is very thoughtful in her responses. She is good at explaining her answers in "layman's terms" (I mean that in a very good way--and she does it in a very respectful way). I highly recommend her.
This woman put my daughter through a horrible experience during her delivery, first stating that she didn't want to be there because she wasn't her regular doctor. Excuse me? You belong to the practice? She then proceeded to preside over one medical complication after another that resulted in a csection withouit anesthesia. I can't believe she is allowed to practice. The other doctors in the group seem fine. My daughter still can't talk about the experience.
i agree she is extremely rude, especially if you have a question regarding the treatment she chooses... instead of explaining why.. her answer is always "I'm the doctor, i know" makes you feel really uncomfortable.. i went to her a number of times trying to get to the bottom of pain and she couldn't figure out what was causing it.. instead of referring me elsewhere she decided to threaten me with extreme measures such as "surgery" but that she "highly recommends you dont do it" (in other words shut up theres nothing wrong with you) Ive been to other doctors since and i am extremely shocked at how pleasant and understanding they are and helpful. and who knew? they actually take the time to explain whats wrong with you. I DONT RECOMMEND HER AT ALL. also to add when I found out i was pregnant her nurse didn't even congratulate me.. instead she said "honey I'm sorry its positive, we refer to women's services" & when i said no I dont want that, I'd like to make an appt she told i couldn't have one until i was 6 weeks and when I said OK can i make that appt? she told me "no" that i would have to wait. HOW UNCOMFORTABLE AND UNSETTLING AND RUDE. 0 STARS!
19 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Virginia A Simmons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWellesley Womens Care, 2000 Washington St Ste 764, Newton Lower Falls, MA
Dr. Virginia A Simmons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newton Lower Falls, MA.