Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors, symptoms and doctors who treat it.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it & the symptoms
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- Sarcoidosis Facts about sarcoidosis, including causes, symptoms, and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Virginia D Steen has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Skin Diseases
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Joint Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Raynaud Disease
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Localized Scleroderma
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
Showing 5 of 11
She seems nice enough, but pales in comparison to the Rheumatologist I had in another state. She is friendly but sort of downplays your complaints. The hospital itself is not a ncie facility. The staff are not friendly and I would even say they are rude.I recently thought this is not the place I want to deal with if I got really sick, and so will be searching for a new doctor.
I saw Dr. Steen several times over a 2 or 3 year period. My first impression of her was fine. On every subsequent visit, however, she repeatedly demonstrated that she was unorganized (misplaced my test results every single time) and not really concerned with finding a diagnosis for me. She failed to run simple tests that would give us more information until I was in her care for over 2 years, she ordered the wrong tests, and when she misplaced the test results she did not bother to find them while I was still in her office. Additionally, I requested copies of my records from her office and Dr. Steen herself on at least 4 ocassions (and even filled out a consent form), but never received my records. I have no intention of returning to her care.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
43 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Virginia D Steen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Virginia D Steen in this video.
Dr. Virginia D Steen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.