Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Virginia Vierra
Dr. Virginia Vierra, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Vierra is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center, Pioneer Valley Hospital,A Campus of Jordan Valley Medical Center and Primary Children+s Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Virginia Vierra has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I have been taking my four kids to Dr. Vierra for six years now. She is absolutely wonderful! My kids are always excited to go see her. She is so kind and understanding and very respectful of the parents' opinions. I trust her decisions completely. She is the fifth pediatrician my kids have gone to over the years and she is the best pediatrician of them by far. I plan to bring my kids to her until they are too old. When that happens it will be a very sad day. We just love her!
Dr. Vierra is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children's Medical Center
Pioneer Valley Hospital,A Campus of Jordan Valley Medical Center
Primary Children+s Medical Center
Intermountain Medical Ctr
18 Years Experience
University of Utah
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Virginia Vierra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHillcrest Pediatrics, 5063 S Cottonwood St, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Virginia Vierra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.