Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran
Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Pathology. Dr. Chandrasekaran is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital At Syosset, North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills and North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview. She speaks English.
Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran has the following 1 specialty
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran has the following 2 expertise
- Blood Transfusion
Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Dr. Chandrasekaran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
North Shore University Hospital
42 Years Experience
Stanley Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Li Jewish Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLab of Platelet Biology, 310 E 67th St, New York, NY
Dr. Visalam Chandrasekaran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.