Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar
Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sistersville, WV. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Abhyankar is affiliated with Marietta Memorial Hospital. Dr. Abhyankar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Clinical Research
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Abhyankar is a caring, knowledgeable doctor with a great bedside manner. He explains everything so you can understand it, answers ALL questions and makes sure you understand what is going on. He, or the doctor covering for him, can always be easily reached. I wouldn't recommend anyone else if you or a loved one is fighting cancer. He is great!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Abhyankar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSistersville General Hospital, 314 S Wells St, Sistersville, WV
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar in this video.
Dr. Vivek V Abhyankar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sistersville, WV.