Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vivek Mahendru MD
Dr. Vivek Mahendru, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with other offices in Austin, TX and Killeen, TX . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Mahendru is affiliated with St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock and St Davids South Austin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Vivek Mahendru has 3 locations
4100 Duval Rd Ste 200
Austin, TX 78759
Book Online Now
Dr. Vivek Mahendru has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Vivek Mahendru has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Vivek Mahendru is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Frustrated, and angry
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vivek Mahendru - Posted on March 2nd, 2018
This place is horrible. The wait to see the doctor was over and hour, the staff is rude and very unprofessional. The doctor finally came in and spent approximately 3-4 in the room asking question and offered no help or relief He wanted to repeat the MRI, and run more test, all of which I just had and he had a copy of in his hand. This was a total waste of time, and a very expensive visit for nothing. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. The sad part is while sitting in the waiting room 2 other patients were there and talking changing doctors because this place had gone down. Stating the service was horrible I should have ran then.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vivek Mahendru - Posted on February 17th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vivek Mahendru - Posted on January 27th, 2014
Dr. Mahendru's staff is one of the most efficient I have ever experienced. Calls are all returned promptly and the staff is always eager to assist me at my visits or whenever I call and need help with something. Dr. Mahendru is very nice he listens to you and really pays attention to what you are saying. Dr. Mahendru made a diagnosis that multiple other doctors have not been able to make, and has treated my pain so that I can enjoy my children and husband again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vivek Mahendru - Posted on January 26th, 2013
Dr. Mahendru is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Vivek Mahendru Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vivek Mahendru is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.