Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vivek Mahendru
Dr. Vivek Mahendru, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX, with another office in Killeen, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Mahendru is affiliated with St Davids Medical Center, University Medical Center Brackenridge and Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock. He speaks English.
Dr. Vivek Mahendru has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Vivek Mahendru has the following 6 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Back Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Vivek Mahendru is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Mahendru's staff is one of the most efficient I have ever experienced. Calls are all returned promptly and the staff is always eager to assist me at my visits or whenever I call and need help with something. Dr. Mahendru is very nice he listens to you and really pays attention to what you are saying. Dr. Mahendru made a diagnosis that multiple other doctors have not been able to make, and has treated my pain so that I can enjoy my children and husband again.
Dr. Mahendru is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Dayanand Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Dr. Vivek Mahendru accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Vivek Mahendru is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.