Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Vivian C Aboko-Cole Hicks has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
I have been going to Dr. Hicks for years now and I've highly recommended her to all who are seeking a physician in the area. I've been disappointed with many physicians because I felt like I was a "number" and an "experiment." My medical problems can be challenging and Dr. Hicks is patient. She has visited during hospital stays at mid-night and sit and chatted like an "old friend." I can be stubborn and she is one of the few doctors who I can say I truly trust with my medical care because of her wisdom, knowledge and gentle firmness when needed. I respect her professionalism and Im thankful that she has fought for my personal care. Those who complain about wait time, should realize that she spends intimate time with "each" patient, not a "select" few. When quality care is questionable, its nice to know that Dr. Hicks is among the few who shows she cares during EVERY visit. Like another reviewer said, I am a recipient of her taking the time to pull nutritional information from her files and go over nutritional facts. She's a rare "jewel" and I thank God for her wisdom and insight into modern medicine and treatment plans.
I don't know how anyone can rate this fabulous doctor a low score. She is amazing, and tremendously active and interested in her patients well-being!! She attends meetings on her own time to connect with people who can help her patients understand how to live a heart-healthy lifestyle by teaching them basic things like how to shop for groceries, how to prepare foods, how to understand the meaning of good and bad fats when reading food labels.
47 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Vivian C Aboko-Cole Hicks accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Adult Medicine, 600 Saint Clair Ave SW Ste 10, Huntsville, AL
Dr. Vivian C Aboko-Cole Hicks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.