Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vivian Hobayan
Dr. Vivian Hobayan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lima, OH. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hobayan is affiliated with Lima Memorial Hospital, Joint Township District Memorial Hospital and MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY HOSPITAL. She speaks English.
Dr. Vivian Hobayan has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I also have been seeing the Dr. for going on five years. In this time she has helped me in lowering the amount of steroids I was on by working other meds around. The rheumatoid continues to worsen even after 4 major/expensive drugs. Her idea is to try yet another drug! I tell her things just continue to get worse and she smiles and shakes her head and says "Boy , I just can't figure this out".
I have been going to the Dr. for 4 years and in the beginning she did listen to my concerns, but always seems to push the drugs on me. Now she is not even in the room with me for 2 min. or less and when I waited for up to 2 hours. I also have to talk to her back in the hallway to get answers. She told me I had lupus and I do not have it, just the the lupus marker. I do not recommend this dr.
Dr. Hobayan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Rita's Medical Center
30 Years Experience
University Of Santo Tomas
Graduated in 1986
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Vivian Hobayan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
FrontPath Health Coalition
- FrontPath Health Coalition
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsRheumatology Clinic, 750 W High St, Lima, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vivian Hobayan in this video.
Dr. Vivian Hobayan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lima, OH.