Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Vivian A Illera
Dr. Vivian A Illera, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Illera is affiliated with Wesley Rehabilitation Hospital, Wesley Medical Center and Via Christi Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Vivian A Illera has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Vivian A Illera has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Vivian A Illera has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Vivian A Illera is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Telling me in my medical records i showed trauma on my third on the right toe. Also stating my syptoms were mostly physcological even though i had been treated for years for lupas by dr fields and also seen by shafer before her. Not sure why she choose to pick on me but it might have shown i didnt care for her on the onset of my visit.
Dr. Illera is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsArthritis Rheumatology Clinics Of Kansas, 1921 N Webb Rd, Wichita, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Vivian A Illera, MD - Rheumatology in Wichita, KS, in this video.
Dr. Vivian A Illera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.