Dr. Vivian E Roston Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Vivian E Roston?

Patient

She is very knowledgeable Dr, has experience and make her much better. She is very sweet person

Discrimination from her all the way very cold hearted wouldnt send no one to her

After a terrible experience with a midwife who works at St. Luke's Roosevelt, I met Dr. Roston unexpectedly and she was amazing. I only spent those three hospital days with her for surgery, and her follow ups, but she spent so much time with me and made me wish I had known her the whole time or had gone with her practice.

Would HIGHLY recommend against

I would highly recommend AGAINST going to this physician. She ran over 45 minutes late to my appointment. I called to follow up with her for several times on a prescription she said she would call in for me at my appointment and she never returned my calls. Very unprofessional staff and going to her was a waste of my time as I now have to see a new physician.

Slow and disorgsnized

Obnoxious Doc

Dr.Roston is not my primary ob/gyn, but she was the attending pays. during my delivery. She was completely obnoxious and made me feel terrible during the delivery, saying I should've done better because I've done it before. Luckily the nurse was a gem and helped me through it. Dr.Roston was not even patient with the stitches, she continued even as I was telling her I could feel every pinch. This was my first negative experience with anyone associated with SLR. There are several other good docs there, no reason to go to her.

concerned with lack of response or follow up otherwise I guess I could give her a 5 starts

I enjoyed my consultation with Dr. Roston and I agree with all reviews that say she is gentle, kind and attentive during consultation. However, the main reason I consulted with her is because I had blood on my urine and wanted to know what is wrong. In order for her to know what is wrong she requested an urine exam, which I did, and now that 5 days passed by I still don’t have the results. I understand timeframe may be out of her control since this is sent to a laboratory (and labs may delay this process), but what I do NOT understand is why she or her staff can't provide me with any sort of update? A 2 minutes call or an email? I called her and was told she would call me back with guidance on what to do in the meantime while results are not available yet. For example, she prescribed me antibiotics for 5 days and now that this period has expired I don’t know if I should take more antibiotics or what else to do or not to do. I am feeling lost and without any guidance or support. I worry. I wish I would receive a call back to tell me at least whether or not I should continue with more antibiotics. When I left my consultation I honestly felt very inclined to write a great review for her and her staff, since truth be said they were helpful and kind when I was there, but quite frankly now I feel like being a pest for calling them so many times with no response whatsoever. Not a good feeling particularly when you are already concerned something may be wrong with your health as blood in the urine shouldn’t be treated as a super normal thing, I suppose.

The best!

I love her. She answer any questions I might have on my visits. Very friendly and detailed person. God Bless!

thanks

she dilivered me and im greatful for that. :)

I hate to say it but there are also one-star patients!

...And I can only imagine those posting negative reviews for this particular doctor were of that unfortunate lot. Otherwise, we're not privy to some vital context in their case, because if Dr. Roston is anything, she is thorough, skilled, communicative, and kind. I can't imagine inconsistency is one of traits.I was referred to Dr. Roston by a friend and also by a medical colleague who had great respect for Dr. Roston's knowledge and care. I began as a GYN patient and quickly became an OB/GYN patient - my husband and I are expecting a baby this spring. Yes, you will sometimes have to wait a long time for your appt to begin, but this is typically because the doctor is so thorough with all of her patients. Every appt I've had I have felt that Dr. Roston has listened to and addressed all of my concerns, and just as importantly, helped my husband and I stay focused on the true medical priorities at hand. Pregnancy can be a time for a lot of Googling and worrying, and Dr. Roston has guided us to a deeper, more relevant foundation of understanding in this process. I never feel rushed or placated. If you don't care for her bedside manner, perhaps you need a bit more hand-holding, but for me, feeling that there is ample investment and respect in each exchange is plenty. (Not to mention she has made me laugh several times - I certainly can't say this about many doctors I've encountered in the city). The office staff is invested in your well-being and progress as well, and I have been able to make several last-minute appts when the need has arisen. I truly feel that they are "working with us." I highly recommend Dr. Roston to anyone.

Simply horrible

The entire experience was terrible and I'm hoping that I don't ever have to go back to her. I was referred to her by another physician in order to have a colposcopy done and the first thing I'm told after I see the medical assistant (who barely looked at the papers I had brought in from my physician and certainly didn't have any discussions with me as to my reasons for being there)that they only do this after one has 3 abnormal paps. THEIR guidelines are clearly different from that of my own physician's. I told her that if that were the case, I ought to have been told this when I was making my appointment and I would have gone to another doctor who would abide by my own physician's request. She then had me wait in the room for the doctor for over an hour. This is in addition to the long wait in the sitting room. When the doctor finally appeared, she was brusque and abrasive. I'm surprised by some of the great comments she has here, as she spent less than 15 minutes with me and listened to my history AFTER I made her listen. I certainly do not feel confident about her as a physician. Coming out of the entire incidence, I felt that the place is there (simply to have one hand in your wallet) to continuously have you return for various small procedures rather that to do what you need to have done right away, as a preventive measure.

Dr. Roston has been my OB/GYN for approximately 8 years. Until recently, I had never had any problems with her. In fact, I recommended her to a number of friends and family. I had always found her and her staff to be friendly and helpful. I had also found her to be very diligent. However, I recently discovered that I had uterine fibroids, which I accidently discovered. When I followed up with her in order to get a professional diagnosis, she informed me that she had been aware of the fibroids for 2 YEARS. She never said anything to me about them until I brought up the matter. Needless to say, I was a little upset, especially since my spouse and I were thinking about starting a family. To make matters worse, the fibroids had started growing, which is how I discovered them. I could them pressing against my uterus. Then, she recommended that a see a specialist, something that she and her staff were going to set up. It took her 8 weeks to follow up with me, even after I called her almost daily starting on week 3. I found the entire experience to be extremely stressful and very unprofessional. Long story short, if you need a obstetrician for basic needs (i.e.- annual exams, birth control, etc.), she is a good physician. But, if you have a more complicated situation which requires follow-up, I would not recommend her.

Dr. Vivian E Roston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.