- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr MD
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lewisburg, PA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He speaks English.
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr - Posted on February 15th, 2016
Probably Saved My Life
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr - Posted on October 31st, 2012
Dr. Petorek performed a colonoscopy on me recently, and I quite honestly think he may have saved my life. I've been a patient of his for over fifteen years, and had two previous colonoscopies where he removed pre-cancerous polyps. I moved from the Lewisburg area and had a third colonoscopy at a local medical center after experiencing rectal bleeding about two years ago. I was told that this third colonoscopy was normal, and was put on a 5 year re-check schedule.Recently had another episode of rectal bleeding and decided to look up the third colonoscopy report at the medical centers website. What I found was distressing; double anesthesia,colon spasms. I asked my Primary Physician to refer me back to Dr. Petorek. He found another pre-cancerous polyp on the valve between my small and large intestine. He removed it and recommended a 1 year follow up. No double anesthesia, no colon spasms. Thank you Dr. Petorek and the entire staff!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr - Posted on March 10th, 2010
Terrible at follow-up. Repeatedly fails to respond to phone calls. When suffering from chronic diarrhea and consequently very weak, I was told (when I went to the office after receiving no response to two phone calls) just to wear an adult diaper until the doctor could fine-tune my medicine (he never did call back with any further information).
31 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr's office for more information.
111 Medical Park Dr Lewisburg, PA : (570) 524-1120
Locations & DirectionsCENTRAL PENN WOMENS HEALTH CARE, 111 Medical Park Dr, Lewisburg, PA
Dr. Vladimir Petorak Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lewisburg, PA.