Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Vuong D Nguyen
Dr. Vuong D Nguyen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Long Beach, CA. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Nguyen is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, California Hospital Medical Center and Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Vuong D Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor is the most unprofessional of any I've seen. He began by preaching to me about God and past lives (the source of my ills according to him.) He did not want to listen to what medications had worked for me, taking me off two significant ones. And, as the other reviewer wrote, he spoke badly about his colleagues in the same practice. I can't believe he is actually board certified. He shouldn't have a license to practice medicine.
I gave Dr. Nguyen Duc Vuong a 1 STAR for being a medical doctor as well as a psychiatrist. My visit to his office was very unpleasant and uncomfortable. I also think that he is very unprofessional as a medical doctor to engage in conversations with his patient about his colleague's personal life in a very negative ways. He is very judgmental, impatient and unwilling to listen to the patient's concerns. There are only a handful of Vietnamese psychiatrists in Orange County and I was very disappointed of his demeanor and services. This was my first and last visit to his office. I hope other patients have a better experience than mine.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Vuong D Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Counseling Associates, 4525 E Atherton St, Long Beach, CA
Dr. Vuong D Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.