Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wael Hamo has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
he is very rude and handles you very rough. he is a liar. he said my mri results was perfect. but he didn't know I had already seen them they was not perfect. I will never see this doctor ever again. I would advise anyone else to run away find someone else. only think good here is his nurse they are very nice.
He is beyond rood. He does not listen to anything you say there's been numerous times I asked him questions and he ignored me and walked out the door! He yelled at me while having a seizure because I couldn't understand what he wanted me to do when he was checking my reflexes. He kept asking me if I need pain shots for my back and I don't have back trouble. I don't recommend him for any serious conditions.
He let my 22 year old daughter die!!! She was almost 5 months pregnant and had bad seizures. He never increased her meds as she got further along, and was having more seizures. Come on, I even read that was proto call for pregnant woman, and i 'm not a doctor. Pretty bad when you can read the internet and get better medical advice. Don't trust anybody to this man...matter of fact, Alabama needs to step up ALL medical personnel, especially doctors. Only been here 5 years, and it's pathetic the help you get here.
Dr. Hamo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Cincinnati Medical Center
Dr. Wael Hamo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHamo Neurology, 1263 Talladega Hwy, Sylacauga, AL
Dr. Wael Hamo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sylacauga, AL.