Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wael Yacoub has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Wael Yacoub has the following 9 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Family Planning
- Infectious Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Wael Yacoub is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
Scheduled an appointment with this doctor two weeks in advance and upon finally meeting with them I was rushed through the entire appointment. His aide was hasty, and didn't properly do a manual blood pressure for vitals as she finished getting a "proper" blood pressure reading in less than three seconds after pumping up the cuff. She literally let the cuff instantly deflate and threw out healthy BP readings. Generally, I'd love to have healthy BP readings but I usually run high, which was one of my reasons for the visit. Yacoub "reassured" me that wherever I get my blood pressure done probably doesn't know what they're doing. I was also denied a test and from what I was told it was due to a lack of clinical notes on behalf of the doctor to justify the exam. This doctor was amazing when I was younger but doesn't care for his patients anymore. Overall, after planning the appointment two weeks in advance they spent about 10-minutes with me starting from the moment they took my credit card at the entrance until the moment I left the building.The only thing he has going for him is excellent bedside manners but that isn't enough to treat your health concerns.
This office is amazing for families. Dr. Yacoub's kindness was really helpful, especially to my children. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wonderful family doctor to come here!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yacoub is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mc Keesport Hospital
Dr. Wael Yacoub accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsWhitehall Medical Associates, 525 5th St, Whitehall, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wael Yacoub in this video.
Dr. Wael Yacoub is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Whitehall, PA.