Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wafa Akkad MD
Dr. Wafa Akkad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD, with other offices in Hamilton, OH and Sioux Falls, SD . Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Akkad is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Wafa Akkad has 3 locations
2701 S Kiwanis Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Book Online Now
Dr. Wafa Akkad has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Wafa Akkad has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
Dr. Wafa Akkad is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
she's a great doctor she listens to her
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wafa Akkad - Posted on November 19th, 2018
Dr. Akkad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Center For Family Medicine
Dr. Wafa Akkad Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Wafa Akkad
Dr. Akkad is married and has two girls. Her husband is a physician too. She enjoys cooking and traveling.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Wafa Akkad is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.