Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wagid F Guirgis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 11
My mother has been a patient of Dr. Guirgis for over 20 years. She had a recurrence of breast cancer last year & had to undergo a bilateral mastecomy. She has had a year of complications which have resulted in additional surgeries. Just recently she was seen in the ER for a huge hematoma on her arm. She was told to follow up with her primary care physician. Dr. Guirgis' office told her they did not have an appt for a month but to call back if anything changed. She called a second time because it was getting worse & again she was told it would take time to heal & they did not have any available appts. She asked if she could just stop in and have a nurse look at it just to make sure it was nothing to worry about. Again she was turned down. Several days later along with the bruising spreading she began to experience dizziness for two days and was extremely worried. She called a third time & was told they (without seeing her to find out was what wrong) would call in a prescription for the dizziness but they could not fit her into their schedule. This is highly unprofessional, malpractice in my opinion & they should be ashamed! We will defintely be looking for a new physician that cares about their patients' well being.
Dr. Guirgis has been my doctor for 21 years and you cannot ask for a more caring and dedicated doctor and staff! Everyone in his office has been with him for quite some time (which shows what a great person he must be!). I have never had any questions go unanswered or illness that was not diagnosed accurately. I'm not sure what I'll do if Dr. Guirgis ever decides to retire!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Halifax Medical Center
Dr. Wagid F Guirgis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWagid Fahim Guirgis Md, 3953 S Nova Rd, Port Orange, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wagid F Guirgis in this video.
Dr. Wagid F Guirgis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Orange, FL.