Dr. Vivian W Chan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vivian W Chan?

Retired Patient

I have been her patient for at least 6-7 yrs. She is nice and polite to patients. And she is very patient and carefully to listen and explain my concerning. I appreciate her accurate diagnosis for my prostate problem. Dr. Chan is the doctor that can be trusted. Thank you for your help.

Worst experience

I've gone to see Dr. Chan multiple times over the past few years. Every time I try to give her a chance - maybe it's been a long day, she's busy, or just in a bad mood but I'll still respect and trust her advice due to her credentials. But consistently she has disappointed me and I've had the worst experiences with her. She does not care about her patients. After requiring them to wait over almost an hour after their booked appointment from many months ago (it seems her schedule is always booked and you can't get an appointment until a few months out because she chooses to leave early on the weekdays), she spends less than 10 minutes with you and does not listen to your concerns or issues. In fact, she dismisses and belittles patients' concerns. If a patient makes a request to investigate some symptoms or health concerns further, she will refute it and tell the patient it is not necessary. If you have issues, she gives off the impression that she believes it is your fault as a result of bad habits or health decisions instead of helping to find a solution. Her body language, tone of voice, and attitude speaks volumes and it very clearly shows that she does not empathize or try to do what's best for the patient.

A horrible experience!

I wouldn't have minded the long wait if it weren't for the crappy treatment. She treated me like I deserved to be sick and that I was wasting her time. Rather than offering support, she made snide comments. Beyond that, she was dismissive and failed to examine or treat the things I was concerned about. I had mentioned dry patches of skin and she waved it off, saying "its probably eczema" without a glance and ending the conversation.Her whole demeanor was infuriatingly sarcastic and superior and after another backhanded comment I was shocked into tears. When she noticed, she abruptly left the room. The bottom line here is that she is lacking in professionalism and compassion. Do yourself a favor and find someone who cares.

Not responsible for her own prescription

She is not willing to take responsible for her own prescription. I called her to request refilling my prescription, but she kept saying she is not my primary doctor, but all the prescription was made by her when the time I visited her, and her name was on all my prescriptions in Walgreens system. Now she said I cannot contact her any more for any refill even those prescriptions were made by her. I do not know what kind of doctor she is.

Great doctor!

Dr. Chan is one of the kindest, most understanding doctors one can ever hope for. She takes time to understand what my issues were and got me the care I needed.

don't care about patients

she is ok..not kind thought...i didn't feel her sincere conversation during the visit...she talks really fast not quite accurate....the worst part is the girl who works at the front desk... her english is pretty poor and she is so rude. if you speak chinese and don't know how to smile, yes this is the place you go, but if you want some nice place, not this place

Dr.Chan:Do you used to work in Sunset Health Center? Where are you right now?Andrew Wang was your patient before. And we like to have you as our Doctor again Please call me at 415-218-4688(cell) or home#415-566-1488.

Dr. wai-lam chan is a great doctor that i have ever seen in my life!!