Dr. Wai L Ma Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Wai L Ma?

Rude Staff

My husband called to schedule an appointment and a very rude receptionist by the name of Karen answered the phone. she rushed him off the phone and hung up n him when he was asking questions regarding a potential appointment. I then called back and proceeded to ask questions, she gave me answers that made no sense and could not explain thoroughly the doctors policy regarding the acceptance of new patients. Karen needs to re-evaluate her demeanor and attitude on the phone as it is a reflection of Dr.MA.

She is forthright, to the point and very approachable. Her diagnosis was spot on. I recommend her to anyone.

The best GI doctor

Doctor Ma is the best GI doctor in las vegas. I trust her. She spent her time with me. Explained everythings that I need to know. Great manner. Great staff. Just hard to get appointment with her.

Upon first visit Dr Ma appeared to be fully competent of her field with a good bedside manner. However, upon getting my Colonoscopy and Endoscopy the opposite of my first visit came to light. She woke me after the procedures and without being fully coherent by frantically telling me that I was critical, they were admitting me into the hospital for a blood transfusion and that I had cancer. When I asked for her to explain this to my family she seemed like I was asking too much of her. Her explanation to my family was just as panicky and she followed it up with I had to make decisions prior to Christmas which was only about a month away. While I am grateful that she found my cancer - her lack of providing accurate measurements has delayed my treatment by 2 months and I am now at risk of losing my job from being out of work too long. I've also had to find another Gastrologist that was able to perform an endo-ultrasound which did provide the necessary measurements to my surgeon. I will NEVER RECOMMEND Dr. Ma to anyone because I feel she is in need of a better bedside manner, her staff needs to be more courteous and Dr. Ma needs to better understand the importance of accurate measurements with regard to the location of a tumor so to avoid unnecessary delays in cancer treatment decisions.